Building Quality Through Planning, Teamwork, Feedback and Milestones
Printer Friendly QA/QC Overview (pdf)
- Clarify scope of work any or all of the following: WRB/Air Barrier, CI, extrusion, cladding installation
- Prepare budget estimates
- Identify value engineering issues prior to project initiation allowing time for review and evaluation
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy
- Develop project staging plan to coordinate logistics
- Institute Document Control Program to ensure current and accurate information
- Establish change order process
- Review submittals and shop drawings to ensure fabrication and installation quality.
- Ensure PDS, MSDS documentation of materials in use at jobsite, as well as Exterior Solutions USA Safety Manual
- Provide Certificates of Insurances (COI)
- Maintain set current drawings (denoted with changes i.e., COP’s, SK’s, RFI’s and maintain field set of contract administrative files)
- Maintain set of “as built” drawings, updating as construction progresses
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with GC prior to start of work or activity.
- Maintain daily communication and conduct meetings with Field Operations, Project Manager, Owner, GC, Architects, Foreman, and Engineers.
- Provide security, protection and safe storage of equipment and working materials
- Ensure Copies of ALL COI’s in possession of crew leader
- Institute and administer company Safety and Resource Protection Plan
- Determine construction milestones based on scope of work
- Coordinate construction activities to fit within the project schedule
- Conduct regularly scheduled job meetings with owner, architects, engineers and GC
- Conduct weekly foreman meetings to discuss safety, schedule and coordination
- Review/monitor project schedule on a weekly basis and produce sub-schedules
- Perform daily checkpoint assessments in the field with supervisor and owner
- Create two-week look ahead schedules adjusted for work pace, weather conditions etc.
- Perform required inspections, tests and similar services based on scope of work
- Ensure safe access to the work site and surrounding area
- Furnish incidental labor and facilities necessary to facilitate inspections of scope of work.
- Perform weekly reviews of SOW with team/crew leader
- Perform job site walkthroughs and inspections to ensure approved materials and methods are being furnished in conformance with contract documents.
- Deliver weekly progress updates for timeline schedule to relevant stakeholders
- Monitor that all safety criteria are being followed per OHSA standards
- Conduct owner inspections at jobsite before, during, and after project commencement (audit type installation inspections) to guarantee the Exterior Solutions USA QA/QC policy is being met
- Perform owner-inspection to ensure full compliance with manufacturer details and transitions
- Commence a 12 month Exterior Solutions USA warranty on all work performed, guaranteed by the comprehensive QA/QC process and highly-skilled workmanship